Saturday, April 9, 2011

Platypus


I have a new pair of glasses. I finally coughed up the pennies to replace my old scratched, headache inducing glasses.

I was in a bit of pickle when choosing the frames, I didn't have my contacts in (silly to wear them to an eye test), so I was ambling around in a hazy blur. I'm indecisive at the best of times, so I took ages, by the end of it I was fed up, hungry and bemused to how it's taken me 23 years to discover my 'unusual face shape'. [It didn't help that it everything appeared to be smeared in vaseline].

When I finally picked a pair, the girl behind the counter asked me five times in the space of the two minute transaction "are you sure you want these frames?" She even pulled me back to the racks and demanded I try on another couple of pairs. This was belittling to say the least, but I politely declined her input through gritted teeth and bought the frames.

Two weeks later they arrived and I am a happy little Platypus.

No comments:

Post a Comment