Friday, December 10, 2010

Chai Banana Ice Ice Baby!

My! Oh! My I do like Chai. Aromatically pleasing when brewed and sweetly soothing when sipped. Delicious! But...

It's horribly humid, I feel like I'm living in a sweaty, old shoe. Oh what, oh what should I do?

I'll take a tip from Vanilla Ice:

All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention



Makes 8 2-ounce popsicles

Ingredients:
1 cup vanilla soy milk
1 ripe banana (substitute1 ripe pear, peeled and cored, for pitta and kapha)
¼ cup agave or honey
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ teaspoon allspice
½ cup miniature bittersweet chocolate chips

Combine the soy milk, banana, agave or honey, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and allspice in a food processor or blender and beat until smooth.
Mix in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into popsicle molds or a one quart air tight container. Freeze 2-3 hours or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment