Friday, October 15, 2010

Framed

I'm on the hunt for picture frames, specifically something ornate and obnoxiously luxurious in style. Similar to these beauties -



I've got some sazzy japanese fabric from my lovely sister that is much too pretty to be destroyed with my feeble (insert: aggressive) attempts to fashion it into clothing.

I've also been saving this image by Catherine Campbell which featured in "The Big Issue" a couple of months back



However i don't want to fork out a packet, i rather find the frames dusty and deserted, so i can pretty them up with a lick of paint.

Because i won't be diving into dumpsters anytime soon, i started my picture frame search on Etsy. Inevitably i quickly became sidetracked and found more gorgeous prints to frame.



If all else fails with my treasure hunt, i can always frame the fabric in an embriodery hoop as shown on Purl Bee.


No comments:

Post a Comment