Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh i do like to be beside the seaside!

Half arsed kicks and pouncey punches were the order of the day as I flounced around this morning, failing to find my groove with a peppy "celebrity" trainer aerobic workout.

After ten minutes I flopped onto the couch, performed the last high kick of the day by ditching my joggers and decided that a more sedate pace would be a more suitable match for the drab, overcast sky.

To match the mood of decadent laziness, my partner-in-crime and I hit the highway. Destination Berry. A south coast town, with a population of a million "Good Food Guide" recommended cafes and boutique home ware stores. We had nothing else planned but a glutinous spot of lunch. Which we succeed in flying colours, I think I’ll be reminiscing about the chocolate bread and butter pudding with caramelized figs for the rest of the week.

Berry also boasts a beautiful sewing/craft shop. Between fondling of Amy Butler fat quarters and bemoaning my lack of crocheting know-how, I stumbled across this gem:


Featuring 15 designs, I was instantly armored by more than half of them, particularly the bag pictured on the front cover.

I think the bag would be the perfect canvas to showcase a classic Florence Broadhurst print. The only problem with a Broadhurst print, is trying to decide which one to use..



Lena Santana's beautifully fresh, fun designs look nothing like standard cut and paste patterns, but reflect her unique background. Santana was born in Salvador (Brazil), studied fashion design in London and lived in Rio de Janeiro before returning to London.

Check out her website for some of her collections - I particularly like The Flowers - the others are a bit hit and miss for me.

Now I’m pumped up, ready to roll up my sleeves and get crafty. Perhaps Berry has brought my groove back?


ps. RIP Tony Curtis. Some Like it hot indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment