Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ships at Night

My sister works random shifts and never has a set schedule. Sometimes it's like we're ships passing in the night, with days slipping by without seeing one another. So when we discovered that we both had the same day off work, we shared conspiring grins.

Like wannabe ladies who lunch, we set off for Bourke Street Bakery.

We didn't need to fill the air with words to enjoy each others company, we just sipped coffee and read. Mish is halfway through the wonderfully addictive "Born To Run" and I'm lapping up "Little Bunch of Madmen: Elements of global reporting".

Afterwards we ambled our way to That Vintage Shop for a stickybeak.


From there we went to May Lane - where the walls, gutters, garage doors and garbage bins are the canvas for the creative.


My observational skills are fairly lackluster at the best of times, I didn't realise to what extent, until I awoke this morning having slept the night on a textbook. My brother had kindly left me a book on photography in my bed as a surprise birthday present.

Ironically lesson one in photography is to open your eyes to the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment