Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BAM! POW! BAM!

I think i'm going to have to wean myself off of watching movie trailers on Youtube.

I don't know if i've lost my ability to judge whether a film is worth watching by the trailer or the standard of trailers are dropping [is there some kind of trailer making union?] as if it wasn't for my brother i would have missed out on the awesomeness of "Inception" and my new favourite film "Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World"




The sarcastic, neurotic, bass slapping, tea drinking, self-obessed, fighting machine Scott Pilgrim now rates in my current top 10 favourites movie characters of all time...given my goldfish brain this an ever changing list, with Placid Lake of "The Rage in Placid Lake" the only keep sake on the list...interestingly Placid fits the same description as Scott Pilgrim



It's a yummy smorgasbord of visual graphic novel techniques peppered throughout the film. The live action and animation melds nicely with the succulent sounds of Canadian Indie royalty Metric and Broken Social Scene - on the soundtrack

I want to watch it again. Right now. BAM! POW! BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment